July 2, 1953
HARTINGTON — Sale of the Booth Grocery in Hartington to Hirschel Forinash was announced this week. The new owner, who has been employed in the store three months, took over the business from Clyde Booth July 1.
Disposal of the store will end thirty years of merchandising in Hartington for Mr. Booth. He came here in 1923 to work for R.H. Smith, former Hartington merchant. After ten years he purchased the store from Mr. Smith and renamed it.
Mr. Booth has been active in community affair, especially in American Legion functions. He and Mrs. Booth will continue to make their home here. He has no plans for the immediate future.
The store in the future will be known as the Forinash Grocery. The new owner is a native of Hartington and has been in the grocery business for more than 22 years. He was with the Council Oak stores for 12 years, three years of which he served as manager of the Hartington store. Until three months ago he had been employed by Ferris and Sons. Mrs. Forinash also is experienced in the grocery business.
Mr. Forinash announced that the personnel employed by Mr. Booth would continue to work for him.
Booth Grocery expanded in December, 1941 when Clyde Booth, owner of the Booth Grocery, purchased the grocery stock of the Red and White store, operated by Walter Carstens. The stores already adjoin each other.