Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Fire wipes out storage shed on Mauch farm

Posted in:

Fordyce — Firefighters battled a machine shed fire at 89167 557th Ave., on the Mike Mauch residence north of Fordyce Saturday. Fire Departments from Wynot and Crofton also responded. The machine shed was a total loss. 

Mike’s father, Hubert Mauch, noticed the fire after visiting with his wife, Henrietta, and Mike’s wife, Judy Mauch. 

“Hubert was leaving when he ran back inside,” said Judy. “He yelled at me to call 911 because the building was on fire. I ran inside to get the kids away because we had propane tanks in there.”

No one was injured during the fire but the family did lose a camper, 630 John Deere tractor, a mower and an old car that Mike and Judy were saving for their daughter.