HARTINGTON — Long-time Hartington Community Development Corporation Board member Bill Dendinger stepped down from the Board Wednesday.
Dendinger’s three-year term on the board expired and he chose not to seek another term.
His decision ends a 38-year tenure on the Board, which has brought numerous industries, and jobs and housing developments to the community over the years.
In that timeframe, the Community Development group has:
• worked to expand the Hartington Industrial Park,
• helped to get a new community recreation complex built here.
• helped to get a city sales tax in place for community economic development.
• created the Westfield Acres housing development.
• began the planning for a new industrial park.
• began the planning for the new Westfield Acres II housing development.